SEO Advantages for Websites of Switching to HTTPS
it was rare that Google reveals any of its ranking factors, hence the big surprise when the tech giant announced it would reward websites using HTTPS. Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is not like other ranking factors. Enforcing it requires costs, complexity, and risks. Websites balance this via advantages including increased security, better referral data, and boost in search page rankings.
Google’s push for HTTPS adoption has done a good job, till now. According to a poll, 25 percent of webmasters are planning to make the switch, while 18 percent are already using the encryption.
Advantages of Switching to HTTPS
- Whenever traffic passes from HTTPS to HTTP, referral data is looted away. When traffic passes to an HTTPS website, the secure referral data is preserved, regardless of if the original site uses the secure or the non-secure encryption standard.
- The secure encryption connection have a substantial influence on websites. Though it does not act as a silver bullet, it have a bigger impact on the rankings of sites.
- Many people opine that HTTPS offers protection only to websites using sensitive passwords. This is not true. Even regular content sites benefit from SSL encryption.
- It verifies the website is the one the Web server should be talking to.
- It prevents tampering by third-party apps, stop man-in-the-middle (MiTM) attacks, making a website more safe for visitors.
- It encrypts all communication, including site addresses, which guards credit/debit card numbers, social security number, and browsing history.